Guest Blogpost by Chas Setchell…
One of the exciting announcements at VMworld 2013 was VMware vSphere Virtual SAN VSAN
I am excited about Virtual SAN VSAN for a few reasons:
1. BYOCI Build your own Converged Infrastructure with Server vendor of your choice.
2. The ability to lower the cost of deployments of Virtual Data Centers
3. VDI use case high IO using local storage that is distributed.
4. VSan is built directly into the hypervisor not an additional virtual machine.
5. Distributed Storage without a physical SAN
I look forward to testing VMware vSphere Virtual SAN VSAN soon.
Register for the Virtual San VSan public beta
Some other blog posts you can look at for more information on VMware vSphere Virtual SAN VSAN
A great 8 part series on VSAN and more from Cormac Hogan http://cormachogan.com/vsan/
VMware Virtual SAN http://www.vmware.com/products/virtual-san/
Introduction to VMware vSphere Virtual SAN
Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform compared to VMware VSAN 1.0
Comparing VMware VSA & VMware Virtual SAN
vSphere 5.5 Improvements Part 4 – Virtual SAN (VSAN)